1. Women’s Health: The Society will release its new Scientific Statement on
compounded bioidentical hormones used to treat menopausal symptoms and other hormone
conditions during this event. The press conference also will feature research to engineer new
implanted devices to treat infertility, investigate the link between polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
and asthma, and develop a new method to predict post-menopausal bone loss.
2. Endocrine-disrupting Chemicals: This session will examine the effect of endocrinedisrupting
chemical exposure on the microbiome, attention deficit disorders in children, male fertility,
and developing breast tissue and potential cancer risk
Saturday April 2, 2016
3. Diabetes: The press conference will delve into how the diabetes drug liraglutide affects
the brain and appetite, the best breakfast proteins for people with diabetes, and the connection
between thyroid disorders and Type 2 diabetes.
4. Obesity: Researchers will discuss research comparing the Paleolithic diet to a low-fat
diet, early signs of childhood obesity in infants, and patterns of weight loss and gain in a large
Sunday, April 3, 2016
5. Bone Health: Researchers will share new insights on the effects of attention-deficit
hyperactivity disorder medications and anti-depressants on bone health.